As the temperature drops to minus 5 degrees tonight, we thought it would be a great time to share a winter warmer recipe with you, and this week it is from Fodder. Fodder is situated by the Great Yorkshire Showground and serve the most delicious food in their cafe. They also have a great range of fresh produce for sale in their farm shop so you can re-create these tasty recipes at home, should you wish.
This hearty roasted cauliflower soup with crispy bacon is a perfect and filling lunch or dinner, made with local cauliflower, grown just down the road from their Harrogate farm shop. Simply delicious and topped with crispy free range Yorkshire bacon or served with a chunk of our delicious sourdough.
All ingredients used in this recipe are available to purchase from the Fodder farm shop in Harrogate.
- 1 large head of Bob’s Yorkshire cauliflowers
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4/5 strips of Yorkshire streaky bacon
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/4c. flour
- 4c. chicken stock
- 1c. milk
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- Heat bacon in a large, lidded stock pot. Cook until crisp, about 6/8min then remove onto a paper towel lined plate.
- Add butter in the pot, then toss in onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Stir until tender about 3/4min before adding cauliflower and bay leaf.
- Cook for a further 3/4min until just tender.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, no more than a minute. Then slowly add chicken stock and milk,whisking continually until slightly thickened. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer, about 10/15min.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowls with bacon crumbled on top with chopped parsley.